Sunday, October 28, 2012

How I remove seam lines on model kits

Prior to my update on my HG 1/100 Gundam D-Hell Custom. Here is my tutorial on how I remove seam lines on model kits.

You'll be needing these things.
Plastic Cement | Hobby Knife | Sanding Paper | Part that you will remove seam lines.

First, you have to examine the parts whether which portion you will not need to apply the plastic cement.



At least apply both sides with plastic cement. For me I always put on the holes and pegs.

Lineup the 2 parts before pressing them in together.

You also apply more plastic cement after you have joined the 2 parts for better result.

Now you can apply pressure on both parts so they can combined firmly.

As you can see on the seam lines, oozes from the plastic are coming out.
Leave it for drying for about an hour or so.

After the plastic cement dries, now you can proceed on removing the seam lines by cleaning the oozes mark using sanding paper. You can also use your hobby knife to carve first the dried oozes of plastic cement then proceed sanding for better result.

Here is the result on what I have done. You can see that the seam lines are not visible anymore.
At least remove those seam lines that are visible from the outside and leave those seam lines that would be covered later. Just like on the knee part, it will be covered by the pointed thing later on.
This is my first time to remove seam lines. I did think of this before to remove seam lines on a MG model kit but I think it would be hard for me. Gladly, I have tried this on a HG model and I am happy with the result. I will follow-up post for the other parts that I have removed the seam lines last night. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...