Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Restoration Part 7: Bandai HG 1/100 Gundam D-Hell Custom

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 |

I didn't have a chance to paint for today since I was working on some documents this morning when it was sunny. Then after I have done the paper works, the rain suddenly pours down. Just to make my day productive on my projects, I have done the finalization on the mods I'll be doing to the D-Hell wings. 

First, I added extension on the pegs for the inner wing parts.
I used some thick extra runners, I think it is from MG Lukas.

Next, I cut the original wing connector for the back to make these things.
I also used some plastic plates for the top cover.
I trimmed some runners to make those custom pegs.

Both wings are to be inserted on the side skirt polycaps.

This is how it looks like when inserted.


As you can see, there is a big problem on the weight of the wings. The unit can stand by itself but the wings cannot be supported by the polycaps holding the pegs. It keeps on falling down and I have tried different things to make it not fall down. It is just to heavy so I have to think another way to make this project unique. So far I have tried some things and I think it is quite nice than this one. More things to do with the wings so that's it for now. Thanks for your time.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...