Thursday, November 22, 2012

WIP Part 3: Gundam Repair Base Diorama

Part 1 | Part 2Part 4 |

Update on my Gundam Repair Base Diorama.

If you have remembered on the Part 2 of this WIP, I only have one side of the plyboard.(17mm thick)
Now, I have another half, same size with the first. I connected it in the middle using Wood Glue.
I also used a plywood (4mm thick) just to support the above plyboard.
Of course, I glued them together and put some nails to make it more fix and secured.

I carved through the plyboard for about 5mm. It is where I will be placing the scaffolding I made before.



So far, this is what it should be, but it is not yet fixed. I have to permanently glue the scaffolding to the wood using epoxy as suggested by my fellow Gunpla Meisters.




The setup is according to my first plan but I have looked into some angles and I think those post for the extension doesn't look good with only a single on the end, so I made a replica (almost same size/height) of the post to put another on the middle of the extension. I think it looks good than the first try. Hopefully I can buy the epoxy by tomorrow or the weekends so I can continue on this project as well on the D-Hell backpack. That's it for now. Stay tuned for more of this. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...