Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How I Create my own Painting Tray

Today, I'll be showing you how I create my own painting tray. I call it painting tray because this is where I put my painted parts for drying. If you are into painting, you might need something that works like this. Before, I used Styrofoam for this but the more you use it the foam will start to worn out because of the holes. Now I am using the one made out of used cardboard box.

This is what I made before, but this limits me for about 40 sticks to put on.
So I decided to redo this and make it a bit bigger.


You'll need something like this to hold your painting tray.

Used Cardboard Box.

Cutting tools.

Pencil & Ruler for tracing.

First, I trimmed the top of the cover open and left a bit on the sides.

Next, I put some paddings inside with the same thickness as what's left of the cover.

Then I started tracing cardboards with an equal length  to what I trimmed on the cover and placed it on the middle.

Trace more cardboards till you fill all the spaces available.
You don't need to be accurate on tracing the cardboard here. 

Now here is a trial. I put about 20s of painting sticks and I think I can fill my tray for about 60-70 more.
Now I had a larger limit on what I can put in my tray. This will help me since I've been painting a lot in my ongoing WIPs. Maybe next time I will show you how to do the painting sticks that I use for painting. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...