Saturday, March 29, 2014

WIP Part 6: Bandai MG 1/100 Wing Gundam Proto Zero EW: Dry Brush and Details

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 7Part 8 |

After almost 2 weeks of doing this process, finally I have done it and I am pretty satisfied with the outcome. I had fun playing around with the articulation but I am kinda hesitant of moving them all the way because of the material they used in the inner frames (which I have mentioned in the WIP Part 5). 

I also liked the way the Buster Rifle looks without the yellow parts. I looks nice with the hollowed part in the middle of the barrel. The hand manipulator for the Buster Rifle holds it tight and nicely which perfectly carrying and supports the heaviness of the Rifle itself. I haven't yet tested the Twin Buster Rifle on hand whether the arm can still handle the weight of it when combined. 

I haven't yet assembled the Action Base that comes with this kit. I will try to play around using my extra Action Base 1 that I also used in my Tallgeese. Here are some pictures I took in different angles of the finished inner frames:











I will end this post by summing up what I have done to this progress. First I did the dry brushing for all of these Gray parts that is used for the Inner Frame and as well as to the Rifle and Shield. Next I worked on random details using the Tamiya Gold Leaf that I have been using for over 2 years now. I also detailed up the thrusters for the backpack, Wings with Chrome Silver from the outside and Red in the inside both Tamiya too. I also detailed the thrusters located under the feet. You might wonder why the detailing of the Gold is so messy, the answer is that since this is a weathered kit, I don't expect perfection on the inner frame detailing and most of this details will not come out when I slap on the armor parts. I have been doing this for over 2 years now and I think I am fine with this approach. Lastly, I added some random panel lining using a Marker. Critics, suggestions and comments are open for all. It would be nice for me to see your point of view about my works. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...