Saturday, March 15, 2014

WIP Part 3: Bandai MG 1/100 Wing Gundam Proto Zero EW: Inner Frame Assemble

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 4Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 |

This has been my progress throughout the week. I've done this in 2 sessions because I am making my work as neat as possible. I also check the the construction carefully to lessen mistake when assembling the inner frames because I often interchange pieces specially for the Arm and Leg units since they are built in the same manner. So here goes the batch of photos I took while building the inner frames.

Body Inner Frame Parts

The gatling on the shoulders cannot be installed yet since it needs the container first before it can be mounted.


Arm Inner Frame Parts

The parts that aren't assemble are for the should piece.

Leg Inner Frame Parts

The parts aren't assembled because it needs the main body of foot.

Waist Inner Frame Parts

Pretty much the same with the other waist unit I have assembled.

Back Pack and Wing Inner Frame Parts

The Backpack and Wings looks cool but somehow thin in this photo.

Buster Rifle darker parts which I will be dry brushing later on.

The parts in the middle and the tail end of the buster rifle is the one that connects both of them to form the Twin Buster Rifle.

Shield Inner Frame Parts

Mainly the inner frame is just the big piece.

I installed the main body of the foot to make it stand.
As what I have noticed, Bandai changed the inner frame material from that old not so hard plastic to the new Polystyrene. Based on experience, I often carve to much of the plastic when carefully removing the nub marks. So for those are new to this kind of material Bandai is using nowadays be more careful so you wont be damaging the parts be carving out the plastic. Also it has the tendency to have stress when forced like pushing it hard while not being careful in pushing it lightly. I will post the next progress later which is a quick inner frame articulation review. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...