Thursday, August 29, 2013

WIP Part 5: Bandai MG 1/100 Gundam Deathscythe EW: Inner Frames Dry Brushing

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 6 | Part 7 |

Phew... I started this WIP Tuesday and finished Thursday. It is really a bothersome for a working man to focus on the Hobby because of the real work. But, what's great here is that I can buy these things for my Hobby because of that real work ^_^.  


In this WIP, I do the dry brushing of the inner frames and it is my favorite painting technique by far. I have been doing this for the 4th time and I still can't resist on overdoing it. Dry brushing is used to be a brushing technique using just a small amount of paint and near to almost nothing. The effect is that you will be adding depth at the edges of a certain part you are applying the technique. What I have done here is that I intentionally over do the dry brushing which makes it look like scratches done on the inner frame. I am pretty much satisfied with my work and what's easy here is you don't have to be accurate on the dry brushing. The paint I always use is Tamiya Silver Leaf. Here are some pictures I took after I finished working today:











I'd like to do a tutorial for this technique but I already finished all parts that need to be dry brushed. I might do it next time for my next MG Wing EW kit. I still have MG Wing Gundam EW, MG Tallgeese EW and I also pre-ordered for the upcoming MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero EW. Next would be a slight detailing using Tamiya Leaf Gold and paint the thrusters. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...