Thursday, February 07, 2013

Commission Part 2: Bandai One Piece Model Kit Going Merry Flying Model

Part 1 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 |

It has been a week since I have prepared this Kit for WIP. I had problem choosing paints for some of the parts of the ship. I only have Bosny as my source of paints that I use every time and it lacks of color to choose from. Yesterday, I bought Bosny No.7 Mahogany and Bosny No.33 Cream for some test run. At first I have doubt on the Mahogany since it looks more Maroon in their Color Chart that is why I bought Cream along with it so I can tone down the color of Mahogany. Gladly, Mahogany turned out well without the Cream for toning down the color. It is just enough dark on it which I am looking for because the pre-painted brown parts looks a bit lighter. Now I have Mahogany as my final color for the ships body. 

After the test on the paint, I managed to do some progress on some parts of the Body. I have filled the hallow parts inside which are visible when finished. Here are some images I took from it.

I used Tamiya Putty Basic Type to fill the gaps.
I am new to this kind of technique so it looks a bit rough.

Since, I am not familiar with the structure of this ship.
I have to run some test fit on to it that is why I did slightly cut the pegs so I can easily remove it after the test fit.
If you have remembered about my Tamiya Compressor that exploded after plugging it on a wrong voltage. I managed to ask someone to send it for repair and gladly it was fixed. Now I have a running Air Brush and Compressor for my WIP. Next time, I will decant the paints I need and thin it for Airbrush use. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...