Saturday, December 24, 2011

Basic Tools and Uses

Before I start any Work-in-Progress (WIP), I would like to introduce first the Basic Tools and of-course its use.

1. Cutting Mat - prevent damaging the table when doing the cutting
2. Fine Tip Pen Markers - use for panel lining the parts for detailing
3. Refill Blades - changing the blade of the Precision Knife when it gets rusty
4. Precision Knife - cutting the excess plastic from the part taken off the runner
5. Precision Cutter - cutting the parts from the runner/sprue
6. Philip Screwdriver -  screwing some parts that needs to be screwed


Carefully cut away from the part you wanted to prevent damage on the plastic.



Remove the excess plastic from the part carefully to avoid damage on the plastic


Some parts will need to be screwed (Example: Torso, Action Base)


You may add Panel Lines to make your Model Kit show more details (I use 0.05, 0.1, 0.5, 0.8)


You can also have alternative tools, its on the modelers choice and how will they use it. So far, I've been using these tools when I build my Model Kits. 

That's it for now, I hope this will help new modelers out there like me. Comments are welcome. Merry Christmas guys.

Thank you for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...