Thursday, July 18, 2013

Review: Banpresto Code Geass: Akito the Exiled DXF Figure "Akito Hyuga"

Character: Akito Hyuga
Origin: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
Manufacturer: Banpresto
Classification: DXF Figure
Series/Volume: ?
Material: PVC, ABS
Release: March 2013
Dimension: H=16cm

Box Art: Front | Back

Box Art: Sides

Box Art: Top | Same as bottom


Everything is inside this cardboard box.

The Figure and the Base are sealed separately in a plastic.

Full Body: Front | Back
I like the details of the braided long hair as well as the hair spikes sticking out from the back of the head.
I also liked the design of the Uniform. The silver painted plates are a nice contrast to the blue color.
But it is not that detailed much.

Full Body: Sides
If you look closely at the back of the figure, you can see a nice design on the uniform that is nicely detailed.
I think that wing insignia is the same as that in his left arm though it has different logo in the middle.
The boots is gloss finish.

Base: is a plain circular in shape with 3 pegs for the feet to mount on.
Actually the pegs are separate plastic if you see on the back of the base.
It is just inserted below the base.

Final Look: Front | Back

Final Look: Sides

Photo Summary of the details.
I really liked this figure even though I am not familiar with the character yet since I haven't started watching Code Geass. But I have seen some previews and trailers for it's OVA and Akito there is more fierce than he looks in this figure. The paint job is nice but there are some areas that the paints are messed up. Most common are on the black paints of the upper part of the uniform and the belt on his pants. I think it should be glossy but some parts turned out flat and it looks awful to see because everything is uneven. Some are just an excess paint from the yellow trims that spilled a bit and some blue spills too. I don't know if all of the Akito figures have the same paint failure as mine. Overall, it's still nice for me. A great addition to my Main Protagonist collection and I am still looking forward to get a Lelouch figure too. That's it for now. This would be the last review of my recently acquired figures. Stay tuned for more because I will be having a new package later this weekend and so on for more reviews to come. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...