Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pinoy Gundam Zaku Yarian Challenge 2013

Back March 2013 Pinoy Gundam opened their registration for their first Gunpla Building Competition and it consists of 2 different categories, the Straight and Modification/Scratch Build Categories. Over 50 members of the Community joined the contest. April 2013 was the commencement of the Building Competition and last Saturday on their 5th Anniversary Meetup (June 22, 2013) the judging was made.

Registration: March 23 - April 7, 2013
Competition Start: April 8 - June 21, 2013

Venue: Oyster Boy Green Hills Shopping Center
Address: GH G-Strip, Green Hills, San Juan, Philippines
Date: June 22, 2013

Judges:
Vanz Najoseki Hilario
Roelf Arthur Gavino
Jubei Yagyu
Anthony Bersola

Mechanics
A. Straight Build

  • Entry Kit should be assembled out of the box
  • Custom Paint is allowed 
  • Scribing is not allowed (do not add panel lines)
  • Custom decals are not allowed (only use what's in the Kit)
  • Small props are allowed (such as Pilot figure or some Flag Ensignia)
  • Diorama is not Allowed
- Any entries who did not follow the straight build rules will be transferred to Modification Build Category.
- Entry that includes diorama is automatically disqualified

B. Modification/Scratch Build

  • Entry Kit can be modified in any theme  as long as  60-70%  of Zaku/Zaku element is recognizable.
  • Custom color and weapon are allowed
  • Use of Action Base is allowed only when the Kit needs a support to stand
  • Weathering is allowed
  • Custom decals are allowed
  • Diorama not allowed


Straight Build
Champion
Modeler: Thirdz Velasco

2nd Place
Modeler: Gerard Paulo Ansay

3rd Place
Modeler: Percival Castro

Modification/Scratch Build
Champion
Modeler: Lloyd Hondo 

2nd Place
Modeler: Centi Rupert

3rd Place
Modeler: C James Denoga

Prizes & Trophy


Both Categories has the same Prizes & Trophies
1st - Gold Painted SD Kshatriya Trophy and 1 PG Kit (Knock-off)
2nd - Silver Painted SD 00 Gundam Trophy and 1 MG Kit
3rd - Bronze SD Wing Gundam EW Trophy and 2 HG Kits

Congratulations to the winners and to the other contestants who joined and attended the event. Nice ideas and skills are showcased on their works as well as to the Pinoy Gundam admins who did an awesome idea for their Trophies. However, some of the contestants didn't finished their work and that includes me. I didn't continued my WIP on my Zaku because I don't have much time to finish it and I still need to transfer it to Manila since I am working here in Samar for this contest. I will take this chance to say Thank You sir Gibe for letting me join this contest even I may not attend the Judging. Even I didn't made it for the contest, I still enjoyed doing my first ever Zaku build and I think I might add more Zaku because they are fun to build and I am kinda Amaze on the bulkyness of the Model since I have been only doing Gundam Wing kits and some SEED kits too.

Here are the Winners combined photo to sums up my post of the Pinoy Gundam Zaku Yarian Challenge 2013. I hope next time I will be able to join again and of course be able to finish and attend for the judging. Thanks for your time.


Special thanks to the owners of the Photos I used in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...