Thursday, January 05, 2012

Paint Research 2

Sorry guys for not posting back in few days, I've been busy in my work and been searching for my paints to be used on my WIP. I guess I have to continue on my Paint Research post since not all have been tackled in my first post. 

Commonly, people who is into the hobby uses tools, paints, etc. what they've seen thru internet or those preferred for hobby use. Example of that is Tamiya Paints. Basically, we use these 2 kinds of bottled paint from Tamiya. 

Acrylic | Enamel

Notice that the color are the same but you can distinguish its difference by the color type printed on the bottle. You can also differentiate it with the bottle size. Acrylic with the round bottle and Enamel with 4 sided bottle. Just a review back in my first post. Acrylic is Water base and Enamel is Oil base. I've seen problems in the internet regarding what to use in thinning Acrylic or Enamel paints. You can use lighter fluid for thinning Enamel paints or you can use the Tamiya X20. Watch out for the label for each bottle because Tamiya Enamel and Acrylic Thinners come in the same item code X20.

Of course you can use variety of paints for this hobby. There are so many paints out in the market with the same kind and are good too. You just have to learn on how to work with the paint and on what you are painting carefully. Because, this might damage your plastic.


You can check the Tamiya color Chart here:
 

If you cannot see the Code for the colors. You can click the pictures so you can enlarge it.

Thank you for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...