Wednesday, February 14, 2018

How I Create my own Valentine's Day Surprise Box

Another year has passed by and it is the time of the year where my creativity needs to be present for another Valentine's Day project for my Lovie. As I have mentioned from my last years project, it was a bit of a downgrade from my first project. This time it needs to go up a notch to pass the level of my previous one.

The materials needed for this Project:
1. Craft Papers (Solid Color)
2. Decorative Papers
3. Felt Papers (Red & White)
4. Glue
5. Double Sided Adhesive Tapes
6. Ruler
7. Pencil


1st Layer: Cut-out a 45cm x 45cm Art Paper and trace it equally divide with 9pcs 15cm squares

Trace a half-heart shape in a 15cm piece of paper.

Cut-out the traced heart shape and trace it on the corners of the First Layer.

Now you have something like this.

Fold onto the middle of the heart shape and on the remaining lines of the First Layer.

Decorate the outer part of your Box with your desired designs. I used White & Red felt papers for this.

Using the traced heart shape you used for the First Layer corners, trim it into a smaller heart and create another heart in the middle of it. Trace it on a 13cm x 13cm Art Paper.

Glue all hearts on the previously created heart corners on the First Layer. You should have something like this.

I also added sheets of Decorative Papers to add desig. Now we're done with th First Layer.

For the Second Layer, same process but this time no need for the Corners. Dimension is 39cm x 39cm with 13cm equal parts.

Stick the Second Layer on top of the previously created First Layer. 

Also add more Decorative Papers on the Second layer.
Same process with the Third Layer. Dimension 33cm x 33cm with 11cm equal parts.

Stick it on top of the Second Layer.

Add more Decorative Papers.

Doing the Box Cover. The total length of the Art Paper need is 22.3cm with 3.5cm for the sides and 15.3cm for the inside.

Once done with the box cover it should lock in the box like this.

I decorated the top of the Box cover with half-heart shaped Art Papers and placed it like this. I also crated a camera film like design on the sides.

Finally, the outer Box should look like this.

This time we add something more on the inside. Since it is a Surprise box, I made some small envelopes that will fit on the layers and each envelopes contains our different travel pictures with my Lovie.

Stick them all on all layers as you can see on the picture it is all nice and colorful.
Lastly, just to make it more of a surprise box. I added a special Cactus plant that I personally bought for this Project. This may be a simple project but the effort you need to do this will really take time. Before, I do my projects in a few days time but this one took me about 1 whole week to prepare and another few days for the assembly. I hope my Lovie loves it. I hope you all liked my project. You can freely copy everything I have done in this project. That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

These are the pictures I inserted in the small envelopes. Printed it in black & white form.
  

  

  

  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...