Tuesday, February 14, 2017

How I Create my own Pom-Pom Flower Bouquet

Its the time of the year, a time where I am excited to give my DIY gift to my Lovie for Valentines. If you have followed me in my Blog posts, a year ago I created my very own version of Ferrero Bouquet. This is its a bit of a downgrade from the previous project but still it doesn't matter. I just want to create something special for my Lovie.

The materials needed for this Project:
1. Twigs/Branches
2. Assorted Colored Yarn
3. Green Felt Paper
4. Assorted Colored Ribbon/Laces
4. Hot Glue Gun
5. White Glue
6. Scissors
7. Spray Paint

I started with painting the Twigs/Branches so it will dry before I need to use it.

Now I work on the Pom-Pom Flowers. Wrap Yarn around the fingers for about 50 times. You might want to add more rounds depending on the volume of the Flower you wanted. You can also use 4 fingers for larger Pom-Pom Flower you can make.

Cut the yarn from the fingers and cut another  for about 8 inches for the threading you will be using to tie-up the wrapped yarn on your fingers.

Tie the yarn between your index and middle finger.

Carefully slide the Yarn out of your Fingers and it should look like this.

Now cut all loops from the yarn.

You should have something like this. It is still not perfect until it gets fluffy . You can cut those yarn sticking out to level them.

Using your Green Felt Paper, fold them and draw a Leaf shaped outline.

Cut it out.

For additional effects of your leaves, you can draw lines to replicate the real leaves.

Finish every yarn you have if you wanted a bunch of Pom-Pom Flowers. 

Wrap around and glue the Leaves you made to the painted branches to have something like this.

This time you'll be needing your Hot Glue Gun to stick your Pom-Pom Flowers to the tip of your Branches.

This is everything I have. I had 16 Flowers for my Bouquet.

I grouped the Flowers by 4 and tied them up.

And Tie them up all together so it won't break easily.

And for the finale, tie all of the assorted Ribbons/laces you have and it should look like this.
I did it for like 2 hours, I started from 10am till 12nn on the day of Valentines. It is not that perfect because the Poms are a bit small but I am very satisfied to the outcome of this Project. What is important is that I just I wanted to make something special to my Lovie, that's it. No matter how good or bad I made, I think the end game is that I made her happy to the effort and love that I showed to her. That's it for now. Happy Valentines everyone. <3 <3 <3


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...